Thank you for your unwavering commitment to the community. I deeply appreciate your continued support of the BEDS Plus mission during this time of uncertainty and change. You are foundational to our ability to innovate and make investments that will improve the safety net in our community.
BEDS Plus has been at the front line of response during the pandemic as an important access point for housing, financial resources, and other critical supportive services for the homeless and those at imminent risk of homelessness. Although the seismic changes occurring with the sector have been difficult to navigate, your support gave us the flexibility to meet the demand of the pandemic response.
We are committed to serving the most vulnerable people in our community and working every day to strengthen the way we deliver our services so that we might move closer to ending homelessness in our community.
Last year, we provided unprecedented levels of service to people experiencing homelessness and imminent risk of homelessness, including:
- Reaching more than 2,800 people, a significant percent increase from the year before.
- Facilitating $1,000,000 in direct Homelessness Prevention and Diversion and government emergency rental assistance to keep vulnerable households in housing.
- Safely sheltering 391 people in area motels and engaging 229 people through Street Outreach.
- Maintaining 97 people with histories of chronic homelessness in fixed and scattered-site Permanent Supportive Housing.
- Seeing 90 percent of our clients leave our programs with stable housing.
Additionally, The Linda Sokol Francis Summit Service Center will open in Summer 2022. The Cook County Department of Economic Development and capital campaign donors fully funded the Center, which will provide medical respite care to people experiencing homelessness with serious medical conditions.
Together, we make a difference every day. Thank you for your partnership in this important work.