Crowdfunding the 9th Annual Soup & Bread Event
BEDS Plus Care helps people who are homeless. They are living on the street and doubled up with family and friends. For eight years, BEDS has held an annual fundraiser featuring donated soup from area restaurants to raise funds for emergency overnight shelter. This year, COVID19 has disrupted our plans. Instead, we are live streaming a virtual event on January 31st and asking our friends to reach out to their family and friends to help people who are homeless in our communities.
Donations help to provide:
- grocery store gift cards ($25 – $50)
- bus pass for one client for a month ($100)
- motel-based shelter for a week ($500)
- one month of apartment-based shelter for one homeless family ($1000)
Sunday, January 31, 2021
3:00 — 4:00 pm
How to Setup Your Crowdfunding Page
Step 2 — Name Your Page
Enter the Name for the fundraising page owner, such as “John Smith’s Team.” This name will be visible to everyone who visits your page. Then enter an email and click on Create My Page.
Step 3 — Personalize Your Page
You will receive an email inviting you to personalize your crowdfunding page. Click on the “personalize” button in the email.
In the Page Editor, you can:
- Update how your name appears under the page’s title.
- Set a personal fundraising goal for just your page.
- Turn on/off “Show Supporter List.”
- Replace the default image with your own image if you prefer.
- Type your own message to everyone or leave the default language if you prefer.
When finished editing your page, click on “Save and Publish.”
Then, click “Got It!” in the window that pops up.
Step 4 — Share Your Page
You will receive a second email with a link you can share with family and friends and on social media. Just copy and paste the link into emails and your social media posts.
You can always edit your crowdfunding page after it has been created by clicking on “Personalize my Page!” in the initial set up email you received.
Still need help?